Welcome to Applegarth
We are Julia and David. We bought Applegarth in February 2019 from Emily and Bill and are continuing to offer it as a holiday rental. We had great holidays in Applegarth ourselves over the years and have fond memories of our times there, so we are very pleased to have taken over.
UPDATE: the cottage now has new modern electric radiator heating, ready for the cooler months (as well as the two wood burning stoves). The night storage heaters have gone.
Enquiries and bookings
The cottage is in a secluded spot, only a two minute walk away from the North York Moors Railway station, with its magnificent steam trains, just by the Old School Coffee shop, located in the village of Grosmont near Whitby.
Maps and how to find us.
Applegarth sleeps 4, we have two bedrooms - a double and a twin. Bathroom with bath and shower over. well-equipped Kitchen/diner, sitting room, utility room plus a great garden. There is good free WiFi, TV with catch-up.
More about Applegarth
What we offer:
A perfect place to stay for:
- Families with young children - with a secluded walled and fenced garden
- Walkers - we are on the route of the Coast to Coast walk in the heart of the beautiful Esk valley, below the stunning North York Moors
- Cyclists - good cycle routes nearby, undercover bike storage
- Steam enthusiasts - NYMR steam trains passing every day between March and October
- People who want to get away from it all - the cottage is in a quiet peaceful setting with no direct road access - so no traffic (apart from steam trains that is!)
- Nature lovers - abundant wildlife with lots of songbirds, a resident family of owls (a real hoot), squirrels and the occasional deer.